[Job 8:9 KJV]
The quality of one’s life is directly related to the quality of his or her choices. What we are, now, are true reflections of the decisions we took and choices we made yesterday. We are, at present, the product of the choices we made in the yesterdays of our past. If one looks forward to a brighter tomorrow, the preferences and decisions he or she opts for, today, will determine that outcome.
5 Simple steps to making right choices:
1. Expose yourself to the right knowledge. Everyone makes choices based on information available to him or her. Knowledge forms the foundation on which choices are made. Get adequate knowledge on the options that lie in front of you. Lack of requisite knowledge makes one make errors in one’s judgment leading to wrong choices. [Isaiah 5:13: Hosea 4:6]
2. Seek Understanding. Understanding is a wellspring of life him who has it. Once exposed to the right knowledge, one should seek to understand the facts of the issues and options presented. A good understanding of issues places one in a good position to make right choices. [Proverbs 16:22; Proverbs 19:8b]
3. Be thoughtful. Think through the various options. Considerable thinking opens one up to several opportunities or possibilities presented by the available alternatives to a choice. Careful consideration of facts, based on the knowledge and understanding one has on an issue, makes him or her foresee the likely consequences of each choice. Thoughtfulness enhances the quality of one’s choices. [Proverbs 22:3]
4. Apply wisdom. Wisdom is a principal thing in the making of sound choices. It hinges on using knowledge properly. Wisdom dwells with understanding and thoughtfulness – prudence. In situations of limit knowledge on available options of choices, seek wise counsel; get professional advice. Every purpose or enterprise is established by sound counsel. Wise counsel will save you from a life-time of hurts and failure. [Proverbs 4:7; Proverbs 14:8; Proverbs 19:20; Proverbs 20:18]
5. Live by Standards. A standard is a reference point for comparative evaluation. Research has proven that 95 percent of choices one makes in a day are done spontaneously. It is important one develops personal standards to safeguard the quality of these spontaneous decisions. Without standards, there are no wrongs; anything is acceptable and mediocrity is exalted. That’s unacceptable to the pursuit of excellence in a purposeful life. Live by moral rules and have respect for elementary principles of life. Live by eternal truths; they are perfect and serve as guide posts in dark moments. They make perfect, lives built on them. [Psalm 19:7; Psalm 74:20]
These basic principles, once received and incorporated into one’s life, would significantly enhance the quality of one’s choices, the success of laid-down goals and overall quality of one’s life.
Make the choices of today your priority and enjoy a blissful tomorrow!