There are unseen forces behind every song. These unseen forces give a certain measure of power that drives every song. Therefore, every song impact listeners positively or negatively and knowingly or even unknown to the listener.
Generally, every song has one of two principal forces behind it.
- The Spirit of God (Holy Spirit)
- The Devil (or any of his demonic agents: lust, murder, greed, etc.)
SONGS BACKED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD:
- They usher one into God’s presence (Psalm 100:4; 2 Kings 3:15).
- They bring and sustain joy in one’s spirit (James 5:13).
- These songs uplift the downhearted. The presence of the Holy Spirit does that (Isaiah 61:3).
- They bring God’s salvation to His people (2 Chronicles 20:22; Acts 16:25-26).
Examples of Songs powered by the Spirit of God include Hymns, Psalms, Spiritual Songs and Gospel Songs (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16).
SONGS DRIVEN BY THE DEVIL OR DEMONS:
- They fill listeners with evil spirits, evil thought and evil passions (1 Corinthians 15:33).
- These songs make one lose control of self and emotions. They corrupt the soul (1 Corinthians 15:33).
- The words of these songs enslave listeners into bondage. Curse words in rap music bring evil spells to its listeners (Job 19:2; Job 22:28).
- They bring sorrow into ones spirit and cast depression upon listeners.
Examples of Songs driven by the Devil and his demons include all worldly music: Hip-hop, Hip-Pop, Rap music, Rock n roll music, R n B’s, etc. (1 John 2:15-17).
God’s children must be very selective of the kind of songs they allow into their mind, soul and spirit. Keep the ear gate with all diligence; it leads to the heart of man (Proverb 4:23).
Research has proven that music is one of the few things that can penetrate one’s subconscious mind without permission. That’s the power of music.
Beloved of God, guard what goes through your ear gate into your soul and spirit!